- Check the current log*, an external log, or a directory of logs, including subdirectories (requires the DirList macro program).
- Set the extension that is used in directory mode.
- Add keywords to the search.
- Exclude specific phrases, stored in a permanent data set.
- Notify users by pop-up message, sound, or email.
- Include additional detail in notifications.
- Recreate the log in the current interactive SAS session by overwriting the current log with the imported log.
- Abort the current SAS session when issues are found.
- Execute the macro from a keyboard shortcut or via a Windows icon or context menu (see Scripts page).
- Support for UNIX, z/OS, OpenVMS, and Windows.
See the Arguments page for more details.
* In Enterprise Guide, CheckLog cannot export the current log. See the Enterprise Guide page for more details.
SAS Enterprise Guide Users: Please visit the Enterprise Guide page for more documentation about using CheckLog.
Subscribe to updates to the CheckLog macro.
Note: CheckLog can be run on SAS 9.1.3 or newer. For scripts, review the Scripts page for full instructions.
Use NowThe following code will allow users to run the CheckLog macro immediately in the current SAS session.
/* Download and Compile CheckLog */
filename code url "http://goo.gl/H2zu9";
%include code / nosource;
filename code clear;